As some of you might know, French women wear very light makeup, almost to the point of looking like they have no makeup on at all. That’s in part due to how much they take care of their skin (obviously with the help of the high quality and reasonably priced pharmacy products available here!). They also need to wear lightweight makeup that will last them throughout the day. It needs to be a look that’s quick, classic, and easy to replicate everyday.
I have taken quite easily to this approach! In the summer, I really prefer to wear lighter to no makeup on a daily basis because of increased sweating from the heat and just wanting a dewier, summery look. I have put together what I have been wearing on repeat for makeup while I’ve been here. Get ready for quick and classic glam!
1. FACE (including colors I wear for people that are fair with olive undertones!)
Nars Tinted Moisturizer (In Terre Neuve): 98% of the time, I shy away hardcore from anything like foundation. For some reason, the color is never truly perfect for me and I end up looking like an orange, ugh. But NOT with this Nars tinted moisturizer. Apply with an Artis Brush for a flawless, smooth application – I cannot live without my brush! Life. Changing.
- Not full-coverage, so your face won’t be left looking cakey
- Goes on very lightly, so your face won’t feel weighed down by anything throughout the day
- Has sun-protection in it already – perfect for protection against intense summer rays!
Clinique Powder (In 2 Alabaster): This can also be worn on its own as well as it is a bit more full-coverage which is why I wear it so often. Always apply with a Beauty Blender to ensure it’s not too thick and more flawlessly applied!
- A bit more full coverage, so it will fill in any gaps left by the foundation
- Sets your makeup to keep it fresh throughout the day and absorb most oil
Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in Ecstasy: The perfect rosy cheek color to truly last throughout the day (I’ve tested it). This creates a lot of dimension for your face without making you look too made up or flushed.
- A bit of shimmer added to formula to bring a natural dewiness to your face as well as highlight
- Long-lasting and very natural color
Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara in Blackest Black: BEST drugstore mascara EVER. Period. If you want some long, spidery lashes, this should be your go-to. I just throw on about three coats before heading out the door each morning!
**I have been using NeuLash since February, and boy does it WORK. I noticed a difference almost immediately and then really saw the length and thickness of my lashes intensify after about a month. Also, during the #NSale, you can get TWO for the price of ONE. Run, don’t walk, and get yourself some.
Stila Waterproof Liner: I have tried maybe about 20 different black eyeliners, and this type of pen and formula is one I’m committed to for the long haul. It’s so easy to use and would be great for beginners to the cat-eye.
- Felt tip is flexible to the point that it practically makes a cat eye for you – uh, GOALS
- Waterproof, so you’re guaranteed a cat eye that’ll last all day
- Like a pen, so it’s easy to keep steady when applying
Benefit Gimme Brows: So I received a sample of this in my Birchbox, and I am in love. I’ve been recommending this product so much now because it’s worth it! If you don’t want to take too much time on your brows but want them to appear thicker, this is definitely the product for you.
- Small, spoolie brush is made perfectly for shaping your brows
- If you accidentally get some outside of your brow line, it wipes off fully and so easily
- Color is natural enough to add enhancement while still looking natural
1. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Flush or Nude Thrill: I LOVE this liquid lipstick formula – and it’s at a drugstore price! It remains a bit glossy which I love because some liquid lipsticks get cry and crackly as the day goes on. I’d recommend buying a bunch of colors with this gloss, but for France I’ve been wearing lots more dusty roses or pinkish nudes
2. Charlotte Tilbury Lipgloss in Seduction: I got this gloss along with the Charlotte Tilbury “wardrobe” called Dolce Vita and I absolutely love this gloss. I’m not normally a gloss wearer because my hair always gets stuck in it, but this gloss adds a nice bit of sheen to most lipcolors as well as a bit of moisture.