Has it been maybe 70 degrees out and you find yourself using the autumn leaf emojis and pulling out your OTK boots?! And then it’s mid-afternoon and you’re shedding those layers you so excitedly put on and wishing for a pair of shorts? Yep, sounds like fall transitional in the South.
And because we can’t fully commit fully to a fall wardrobe quite yet, I wanted to put together a post about the items in your closet that you can wear to transition into fall but that still make sense for the temperatures out there right now. But let’s keep using the autumn emojis to will fall to come faster!
All of these items will be amazing foundation for outfits this season – once those temperatures finally drop, add in a jean jacket, poncho, or leather jacket as a layer.
- Off Shoulder Tops: this trend just isn’t going anywhere! An off shoulder top pairs so well from season to season. For now, pair an off shoulder top with a skirt or boyfriend jeans to get that fall coverage but still keep it lightweight.
- Open Toe Shoes: block heels, lace up sandals, etc.: since it’s not quite time to cover our toes with our favorite pairs of booties, keep wearing your block heel sandals or lace up sandals. Wear these with shift dresses or jeans!
- Cold Shoulder Tops: This style may seem like a summer trend but it’s perfect for the period we’re in.
- Boyfriend Jeans: If you’re wanting the feel and coverage of a jean, choose to wear boyfriend jeans because they’re so much more lightweight and can easily pair with a tee and lace up flats to get a more fall transitional look.
- Bell Sleeve Tops: Sleeves can say it all this season. And a bell sleeve top can say enough without a jacket or extra layer needed. Throw on something with sassy sleeves to transition into fall without overheating.
- Floral Dresses: Florals are all the rage this season, so keep wearing your floral midi or maxi dresses! Lean more towards darker florals that can carry through into the fall season.
SHOP THE POST: