When I was growing up, I remember my mom referencing certain pieces in her closet as her “uniform” and that she’d “wear them to death.” I’ve come to find out that when this happens with a piece of clothing, you’ve found a good one (and probably need it in 10 colors). I happened to come across one of these uniform pieces a couple of weeks ago when this Abercrombie & Fitch (y’all their rebrand is so on point) shirtdress came in! My mom actually ended up buying it too because she loved it AND I had to get it in the other color because…why not.
OUTFIT DETAILS: Dress (runs big so size down!) | Shoes (wearing a size 7 for reference; I have narrow feet) | Purse | Sunglasses (mine in this post are from Mango in Paris :/, but linking a similar pair!) | Earrings
I’ve been a total outfit repeater in this dress and I don’t even care because I can wear it with different shoes and accessories each time for a new take on the look. It’s incredibly lightweight, so it’s not too hot in this Texas weather and is great for the office. I’ve already worn it to work twice, lol. My favorite part about this dress might just be that it’s so figure flattering! It doesn’t cling too tightly anywhere and has a flattering a-line fit which is so great for those of us with a booty. Not to mention the tie waist so that you can create more of an hourglass look to the dress if you’d like.
Here are some more style ideas for this super versatile dress:
- Add in block heels for a more dressy look for the office or happy hour
- Throw on slide sandals or loafers for an easy day of errands
- Consider a pair of tennies with this dress for a sporty look perfect for shopping or lots of walking
- Drape a jean jacket over your shoulders if you’ll be going somewhere that it might get chilly like Colorado or in the movie theater, ha
- I like to wear this dress with a classic pair of gold hoops (love this $28 pair!) – always a classic look!