Do you ever just go through and delete emails on your phone for what feels like days when you wake up? And instead of just going through the unsubscribe process, you just do the same thing every day? I’m the exact same way. But my inbox is prime real estate and every email that comes in should serve me in a positive way! That’s why I recently made the move to first do a deep clean of my inbox (I still had emails from 2014…) and then think hard about what I wanted in my inbox each day.
These 5 email newsletters have given me good advice, kept me up to date on the news, broadened my skincare knowledge, and so much more.
- The Skimm: Now most of you already have this email newsletter popping into your inbox everyday, but it’s still worth mentioning! I love how I can get a quick, succinct synopsis of what’s going on in the world right from my email. It’s usually the first thing I read when I sit down at the office, and I feel like I’m leading a more informed lifestyle. They also link out to other great articles for further reading so that you can get more information about issues you’re more interested in. And the writers are genius; I giggle as I’m reading on the regular.
- Into the Gloss: I’ve mentioned how often I visit this site before, but I really swear by their articles and the expertise that’s shared on ITG. Are you a big fan of Glossier? Then you’ll really love ITG emails. Tons of celebs and other beauty experts share their go-to products and different estheticians will share how to keep your skin matte, for example. I’ve made sure to bookmark this article and this article because they’re crazy helpful. They also talk hair and makeup, so it’s basically your one stop online for all the beauty guru tips and tricks.
- Smart Twenties: I came across this website a few weeks ago, and I’ve been so blown away by this girl’s emails. She writes a lot about perfectionism and overcoming it which is something I always need to learn more about. I call myself a recovering perfectionist and Sam’s emails and blog posts have seriously helped me to identify and reroute my perfectionistic thinking. I’m definitely considering her 7-day challenge for perfectionists. She also writes about productivity and career tips which are particularly important to me now that I’m working full-time while also running a blog. I highly recommend having her emails in your inbox for quick life hacks and how to make the most of each day.
- & Other Stories: For the most part, I always opt out of a brand’s emails when they ask if I’d like newsletter updates during checkout. But the emails from & Other Stories are always worth the read. This store also has a special place in my heart because I first discovered it while studying abroad in Paris. Their editorial team must be made up of pure geniuses because the emails are always so well curated and well styled. They share a different trend or editorial story every day with perfectly shot photography and links to related products. If you’re looking for good style or outfit inspiration, this is where you need to start. You also get a promo code when you sign up for their emails – win, win! One of my favorite party dresses is actually from & Other Stories!
- Cupcakes & Cashmere: It wasn’t until my co-worker told me about these emails that I knew what I had been missing. I had no clue that the girl behind the Cupcakes & Cashmere clothing line was such a precious angel. Seriously follow her on IG – she has THE cutest jewelry ever, it’s all so dainty and delicate (I want it all!). But back to her emails. Emily always shares fun looks into her life as well as links to cute pieces or products she’s found on the internet over the week. She’ll also share blog posts from the week, and I always find that her posts are either interesting and on topics you wouldn’t think of or really informative.
Speaking of email newsletters: are you signed up to receive Never Without Lipstick email newsletters in your inbox?! You can get my new posts sent straight to your email where you can read the post right from your inbox or shop the post details right away! Sign yourself up and then tell everybody else to sign up, too!
Don’t want to forget these inbox recs? Pin this pic below to save them for later!